Monday, March 13, 2017

Spring Floral Cards

It's going to be about a month before I see any flowers popping up here in northern Michigan.  So it brought some happiness into the studio when I put together these cheerful floral cards.  Both feature coordinating scrap paper that I layered onto a card stock base.
The top card's floral layer is matted with brown card stock.  Over that I added another similar scrap (also layered with darker brown card stock).  I matched up the ribbon with the color of the sentiment sticker.  The embellishment is a die cut two layer flower that I accented with distress ink and markers.  The pieces are held together with a bronze brad. 
For the card above, I rounded the corners of the floral scrap and laid it directly on to the card stock base.  I stamped the "WISH" sentiment in archival ink onto cream card stock and colored with  markers.  That piece was then rounded, distressed and placed upon the green piece--also stamped, distressed and rounded.
I love using up my scraps and it makes it super easy when you have pieces that coordinate together.  

No comments: