Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Snowman Shovel Ornaments

I found a mess of little rusty shovels in my stash and decided to paint some snowmen on them.  The result is my own original design.  To mix it up a bit, I painted three different types of hats, in colors to match ribbon I had on hand.  I wanted to dress up the handles with more than ribbon so I created the little tag charms using shrink plastic.
(Sorry this picture isn't clear.  I didn't realize my actual close up photo was bad until all the shovels were sold).  To create the charm, I used a rubber stamp for the sentiment.  I stamped onto white shrink plastic using Archival Ink, punched out the tag shape and the hole and baked.  The ink was brown but due to the shrinking process, I could wipe most of the brown away, leaving me with gray print.  I was fine with that and liked the look of the streaky brown on the tag.  I wired the charm to the handle and covered the end with the matching ribbon.
Easy peasy ornament that was so popular, it sold out!
Buy a similar one HERE.
See more of my ornaments this weekend in Traverse City, Michigan!

No comments: