Thursday, September 29, 2016

Autumn Upcycles

I love upcycling ugly pieces and turning them into something special.  This teapot started out as a plain Jane copper kettle.  I primed it black and then went to work adapting a design by Barbara Bunsey.  
Pumpkins were painted around the entire teapot.  I love how the checks and bittersweet accent the pumpkin scene!
I used the same design on this little hurricane lamp.  I found it abandoned on a "Free" pile after a garage sale.  It was brass and definitely had seen better days.

I primed and painted it the same way (and at the same time) as the tea kettle.  To finish, I added burlap ribbon and raffia around the lamp. 
 Both of these pieces sold last weekend but you can see lots of other great hand painted items this weekend in Saginaw Michigan.
Details can be found HERE





No comments: